CRITICAL ESSAY: To complete this assignment, you must produce an argumentative essay (of 2-3,000 words) addressing the representation of crime and law in literature. Consider this work a refresh of the argument-writings skills you have developed in other courses and before starting your university career. As is typical of this genre of writing, your essay will need to be thesis-driven and supported with appropriate forms of evidence. My evaluation will address both your analysis as well as the mechanics of your essay. In producing this text, I ask that you engage two secondary sources from the wealth of literary scholarship that is readily available in the Library and via Library-sponsored online databases. I also ask that you refer to at least two primary texts from the reading schedule.
Narrower topics might be explored productively across several primary texts. Broader topics will lend themselves to explorations that cover less textual ground. I will be happy to collaborate with you to define your line of inquiry and analysis. Due date (after the last class meeting) will be announced by mid semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment